Founded in 1957, CNY Arts is one of the oldest local arts agencies in New York State and the nation. Each year, we strive to provide accessible and high-caliber programs and services that support hundreds of our individual artists and arts organizations so they can thrive.
We are looking for dedicated and passionate professionals interested in fiercely supporting the arts community in Central New York and the Mohawk Valley.
CNY ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Redhouse Arts Center
Redhouse Arts Center seeks a dynamic and passionate individual to lead a progressive, community minded, arts organization. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative and creative leader, an astute and sensitive manager, and an advocate for social change through the arts. The Executive Director will have the unique opportunity to guide this growing organization into its next phase as a national model of success and destination for the performing arts and arts education. This is a high profile position that requires a balanced confidence and compassionate leadership internally and externally.
Redhouse was founded under the vision of providing leading arts experiences to engage and enhance the community that it serves. Since its founding in 2004, it has expanded with a primary focus on professional theater, arts-based education, and community impact.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director creates and implements the organization’s strategic plan in accordance with Redhouse’s mission and vision to maintain the highest quality arts experiences with the greatest community impact through a sustainable model that advances Redhouse and raises its profile locally, regionally, and nationally.
The Executive Director serves as a public face of Redhouse, acts as a spokesperson for the organization at speaking engagements, and public and social events, and must maintain a visible leadership role in the community.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Leadership and Management
- Collaborate with the board of directors to develop and implement the organization’s overarching goals, strategic priorities, and measurable outcomes
- Assist the board with establishing good governance practices for all facets of board functions and activities
- Develop annual budgets and monitor financial progress for all programs; ensure the programming budgets and goals align with those of the organization; support programming staff who develop annual artistic and educational programs
- Attract, support and cultivate a talented, diverse and effective team
- Develop and manage an annual balanced budget with the board of directors, finance committee, department heads, and business manager
- Oversee human resources including the development and implementation of policies and procedures needed for staff productivity and success, including reducing staff turnover
- Oversee business functions and facilities to ensure effective operations across the organization
- Identify and implement systems needed to successfully operate Redhouse
- Ensure successful outreach, marketing, customer service, and operational strategies to promote ticket sales, audience development, and community impact
- Conduct ongoing assessment of all programming to ensure programs are meeting their goals and objectives including impact, reach and budget goals
Financial Health and Stewardship
- Manage the financial health of the organization, and provide timely and accurate financial reports to the board
- Provide resources for proper facilities that serve Redhouse programs, and its guests
- Serve as the Chief Development Officer to secure grants and donations through a pipeline of individual donors as well as grants from corporations, foundations, and government entities to sustain the organization
- Plan and implement annual fund campaigns, and capital campaigns as needed
- Plan major fundraising events each year including but not limited to Rockin’ the Redhouse and Ain’t It Grand
- Build Redhouse’s connections to the community and seek novel ways for both the organization to positively impact the community and for the community to contribute to Redhouse
- Manage facility / space rentals program as a way to introduce potential new audiences to Redhouse as well as generate revenue
- Bachelor degree is required, Master’s degree is preferred
- Demonstrated strategic and leadership experience at a senior management level, including experience leading large team
- Management experience required
- Experience with performing arts organization highly desirable
- Proven budgeting and financial management skills
- Proven experience fundraising
- Strong organizational, planning, writing and communications skills
- Excellent community relations
- Creative problem solving skills
- Impeccable integrity and a strong work ethic
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, creativity, pragmatism, energy, and patience
- Attention to detail and able to multitask
Salary commensurate with experience, anticipated range $110,000-$130,000.
To apply, please send a cover letter and a Resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
CNY Arts Internships
Marketing & Communications Intern
Grantmaking & Development Intern
Executive Administration Intern
CNY Arts Fellowships
Arts Leadership Fellow
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have interest in any of these ongoing volunteer opportunities.
Community Arts Grant Panelist (Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego counties)
Individual Artist Commissioner (Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego counties)
Arts Education Grant Panelist (Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego counties)
COVID-19 Arts Impact Fund Panelist (Cayuga, Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego counties)
CNY Arts Ambassador - Grants Oversight Committee (Cayuga, Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego counties)
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (315) 435-2160. Please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
We regret that we will be unable to respond to each applicant. We will only contact candidates being considered for interviews. No phone calls, please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER