The arts have been a very influential part of my life, even from a young age. I grew up on a farm near Brownville, New York where my father operated a landscape and greenhouse business.
Our family went on many camping and hiking trips to the Adirondacks, both in my own youth and again with my children. This helped give me a love and appreciation for nature and provides my greatest inspiration for my new paintings.
I started drawing at a young age and was always encouraged by my family. I took all the art classes offered in both high school and college, and numerous classes from local watercolor artist. However, I have been mostly self-taught in the watercolor medium through observation, private study and vast amounts of time practicing.
The look of watercolors, so fresh and spontaneous, is what originally drew me to them and my paintings now range from realistic to impressionistic.
In addition to running my business, I have been teaching adult education watercolor in workshops in the area. I am grateful to my students as they often give me inspiration and fresh ideas as well as a renewed enthusiasm.
I belong to several Watercolor Societies. I’m an Associate member of the American Watercolor Society, Signature member of Central NY Watercolor Society, and Associate member of the North East Watercolor society.
- Everyone is required to where a mask at all times
- Practice Social Distancing - six feet distance between all individuals
- Gallery Limit of 20 guests at a time
- View Team disinfects high touch areas several times a day
- Hand sanitizing station are provided throughout the building
- During arrival, visitors are invited to fill out our visitor information sheet (This will be used for contract tracing if needed)