The Central Adirondack Art Show is a long-standing Old Forge tradition showcasing some of the finest artists throughout the Central Adirondack Region and beyond. The Show is open to current artists ages 16 and up who are either members of View or reside within 200 miles of Old Forge.
Artists may submit one work in any medium except video, film, and sound. Submission fee is $15 for View members and $20 for guests. This year all works must be registered online before dropping off or shipping, as there will be an online exhibition along with the in-person exhibition. For complete details and to register for this year’s exhibition visitViewArts.org/Exhibitions.
Through its donors, View will provide a series of awards to the participating artists. Each award winner will receive a traditional handmade Adirondack Chip Award. Select awards will also include a monetary prize. This year’s awards judge is Jeanne Lampson.
“Our family went on many camping and hiking trips to the Adirondacks…This helped give me a love and appreciation for nature and provides my greatest inspiration for my new paintings… I’m an Associate member of the American Watercolor Society, Signature member of Central New York Watercolor Society, and Associate member of the North East Watercolor society.” — Jeanne Lampson
An opening reception will be held on Friday, April 23rd from 5 PM to 7 PM. This reception is free and open to the public. View is located at 3273 State Route 28 in Old Forge, New York.
- Everyone is required to where a mask at all times
- Practice Social Distancing - six feet distance between all individuals
- Gallery Limit of 20 guests at a time
- View Team disinfects high touch areas several times a day
- Hand sanitizing station are provided throughout the building
- During arrival, visitors are invited to fill out our visitor information sheet (This will be used for contract tracing if needed)
Image: "Greenwood Falls" by Awards Judge Jeanne Lampson