Have you been curious about throwing clay on the pottery wheel? This pottery course teaches you how to throw on the potter's wheel! Open to all skill levels. This 5-week class will introduce you to wheel throwing basics including centering, making vessels, bowls and mugs, trimming & glazing. If you have wheel experience, we will work with you at your level to build your skills.
Class meets Friday afternoons from 2-4pm. Meeting dates are January 13th, 20th, 27th, February 3rd, 17th WE WILL SKIP February 10th (we skip this week to provide enough dry time to fire your work before glazing on the last week) and our last class day will be February 17th.
Week 1: Throwing and centering! We make sure everyone gets their own wheel and jumps right in on the first go.
Week 2-3: Vessels, we will practice making small & medium bowls & mugs.
Week 4-5: Trimming, handle pulling for mugs & glazing. We have 12 dip glazes to choose from and a number of commercial brush on glazes. LOTS of color choices.
All work will be fired and returned 2-4 weeks after your last class date.
Class fee includes all materials, clay, tools, glazing and two firings of your pieces. Make and keep up to 12 pieces.
Instructor: NYS Certified Art Educator Jessie Kling
- Classes start at the time given, so please arrive early enough to get yourself settled in. We recommend 10 minutes, if you arrive late, you will not be allowed to stay late.
- If we cancel a class or workshop due to illness or weather, we will do our best to accommodate everyone when we reschedule.
- You are expected to clean up your own mud mess as best as possible within your station.
- Refunds will not be given for missed class time if the student cancels or is a no show with less than one weeks notice.
- Full payment must be made before the first class begins.
- Class & Workshop registration is non-refundable but we are happy to offer you class credit to put towards a future date or you may send someone else in your place if we are notified with at least 1 week notice.
- Classes are for those 12+ years old.
- Classes are subject to cancellation or rescheduling if the minimum number of students is not met. If cancelled due to low participation a full refund will be offered.
- We will contact everyone via email or phone once pottery is fired and ready for pickup. Any pieces not picked up for over 8 weeks after their final firing will be up for adoption.
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well and let us know so we can accommodate your missed class time.
- Masks are not required at this time but you are welcome to wear one.